Wednesday, July 17, 2013

On the Radio: Tank to Table


"Testing 1-2-1-2...Hey, is this thing on?!"

This Friday, I'll be on the local radio with my wife, Susie Crowther, and "Live and Local" DJ, Chris Lenois. We're kicking off a new talk show, called "Tank to Table", which will air the third Friday of the month on WKVT 1490 AM.

Tank to Table features aquaponically grown food and No Recipe cooking. We'll discuss healthy eating, gardening, sustainability, localvorism...and much more. Check it out this Friday from 10-11am!

Since the release of Susie's book, we've been on the radio and TV quite a bit this summer, something new for both of us. These experiences have inspired us to host our own radio shows on Thursday mornings at WVEW 107.7 FM from 8-10am. From 8-9am is "What's Cooking?", featuring health, cooking, and music. My show, "Homebrew", follows from 9-10am. I feature the local music scene and cover topics like Aquaponics, sustainability and gardening. As a local musician, it's been a great way to connect with talented artists and promote our community.

Since Susie and I spend so much time together, I've even gotten her to sing on a couple of short radio jingles I made for both Chris Lenois and DJ Pockets. Here's a spooky one we did for "Konspiracy Korner: Down the Rabbit Hole". Enjoy!

No comments: